For further information on rail safety training or if you have a specific training requirement which is not included in the Training section, please contact Darren Backhouse at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0191 499 0024.
Duration of course: 1 Day
Maximum no. of Candidates: 8
The recently revised Health & Safety at Work (First Aid) Act 1981 requires employers to provide sufficient first aid cover in relation to the scale and scope of their operation and the risks associated with it. Infrasafe can provide first aid training to enable you to meet your legal obligations.
We provide the 1 day Emergency First Aid at Work Course (EFAW) to meet Health & Safety Executive requirements.
This course is taught utilising the internationally recognised ILCOR Emergency First Response course structure.
The course is instructor led with student participation in a relaxed manner to put candidates at ease and achieve the best results. Candidates receive the Emergency First Response Participant Manual prior to starting the course which gives them time to self study and be more confident about partaking in the course and completing through course assessing or
the final instructor led written and practical assessments included in the course. This course requires continual assessment.
• Successful candidates will receive a HSE approved certificate which is valid for 3 years
• Infrasafe can provide re-certification training
• Primary (CPR) and Secondary Care (First Aid)
• Scene Assessment
• Protection Against Blood Bourne Pathogens
• Barrier Use
• Primary Assessment
• Adult CPR
• Serious Bleeding Management
• Shock Management
• Conscious/Unconscious Adult Choking
• Spinal Injury
• Injury Assessment
• Illness Assessment
• Splinting for Dislocation and Fracture
• Heart Attack/Stroke
• Other Minor Injuries
• Other Major Injuries
• Diabetic, Allergy, Seizure, Asthma
• Crush, Head, Poisoning Injuries
Our modern training centre in Gateshead or we can arrange training at a location to suit your needs.