For further information on rail safety training or if you have a specific training requirement which is not included in the Training section, please contact Darren Backhouse at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0191 499 0024.
Duration of course: 1 Day
Maximum no. of Candidates: 8
This course is intended for candidates who wish to act as Protection Controller for more than one group of workers on Network Rail’s infrastructure.
Upon successful completion of the course candidates will be able to:
• Set up a safe system of work for more than one group on the railway
• Act as a Protection Controller on Network Rail’s infrastructure in accordance with industry standards
• Following successful completion of the course Railsafe Training will register your certification with the NCCA
• Re-certification is required every two years and is included in Controller Of Site Safety re-certification training
Our modern training centre in Gateshead or we can arrange training at a location to suit your needs
• Procedure for blocking the line and arranging protection
• Starting Work, during work change of Protection Controller and/or Controller Of Site Safety
• When Work is Completed or suspended
• When Work is Not Completed or suspended at the agreed time, Resumption of work
• Theory, Practical and Verbal assessments
• Feedback and Post Course Objectives
Protection Controller Recert
It is advised that Protection Controller recertification
is undertaken as part of the COSS recertification
course (see relevant sheet).