For further information on rail safety training or if you have a specific training requirement which is not included in the Training section, please contact Darren Backhouse at email@example.com or on 0191 499 0024.
Duration of Course: 1 Day
Maximum no. of Candidates: 8
Minimum no. of Candidates: 3
To provide candidates with the underpinning knowledge and practical experience on the correct control and safe use of ‘Hand Trolleys’
At the end of the training candidates will be able to:
• Carry out the necessary preparations in line with work requirements.
• Complete appropriate pre-use checks to ensure that the hand trolley is
fit for purpose.
• Select and use the correct items of personal protective equipment appropriate for using a hand trolley.
• Understand what safe systems of work are required to be put in place
prior to the hand trolley being placed on the track.
• Assemble, load, operate and control the hand trolley safely taking in to account of the manufacturer’s instructions.
• Control and operate the hand trolley safely taking in to account the manufacturer’s instructions
.• Following successful completion of the course Infrasafe Training will register candidates with the NCCA for issue of certification
• Re-certification is required every two years and consists of a one day classroom based course and assessment
Our modern training centre in Gateshead or we can arrange training at a location to suit your needs.
• Introduction to Hand Trolley Controller duties and responsibilities
• The types of Hand Trolley that require Controllers
• Carrying out of pre-use checks
• Identification of the correct PPE to be used.
• Identifying the required protection/possession arrangements in line with current industry standards
• Effective and safe use and control of Hand Trolleys
• The approved assembly of Hand Trolleys
• Carrying out of Brake tests, pre use checks and “Push Tests”
• Safe loading, movement and of tracking instructions
• Theory, Practical and Verbal assessments
• Feedback and Post Course Objectives