Infrasafe is a Preferred Supplier of rail safety training to the Career Transition Partnership, providing full support to service leavers to develop skills and forge a new career in the rail industry.
What You Need…
• Training - You cannot work on the railway infrastructure without gaining the entry-level Personal Track Safety (PTS) qualification.
How To Get Started…
Network Rail sets out the requirements to attend PTS training. All candidates need:
• Sponsorship by a RISQS* approved employer or organisation with a Sentinel Site I.D.
• Industry specification PPE**
• A valid original Medical Certificate (to Network Rail Specification NR/L2/OHS/00124)
• A valid Drugs & Alcohol Certificate (to Railway GE/RT 8070 Standard)
Infrasafe Support to Service Leavers…
Infrasafe is a national course provider based in Blaydon, Tyne and Wear. Our comprehensive support to service leaders includes:
• Training – We are Link Up* approved to deliver rail safety courses, register your results with Sentinel and arrange Sentinel Card issue.
• Recruitment – Infrasafe supplies labour to Network Rail and major rail contractors and recruits quality staff on an ongoing basis.
• Sponsorship – In our dual role as a trainer and employer, Infrasafe is able to sponsor candidates (for the course duration) when this is a requirement. We can also advise on where to source Medical, Drugs & Alcohol testing (see below) centres and PPE.**
• Advice & Guidance – We talk to candidates and offer advice on which companies are recruiting, the best industry websites and how to move your career forward.
• Years of Railway Industry Experience – Infrasafe’s management team and trainers have vast rail sector experience to share with training candidates.
* RISQS is the UK rail industry supplier qualification scheme.
**Rail industry specification PPE – What you Need: All high visibility orange clothing including top and trousers (as specified in GO/RT3279); Hard hat (blue for initial training) compliant with standard BS EN 397; Safety footwear with ankle support compliant with standard BS EN ISO 20345 (Not Riggers).
Medical Services/ Drug & Alcohol Screening Contacts
Search for BUPA centre http://www.bupa.co.uk/facilitiesfinder for Health at work (occupational health)
BUPA Centre, Newcastle 0191 210 5700
Healthcare Connections http://www.healthcare-connections.com/for-business/industry-sectors/rail-related-services
Express Medicals http://www.expressmedicals.co.uk/railway-medicals/
For further information on track safety training, please contact Darren Backhouse at email@example.com or on 0191 499 0024.